HOW TO FIND US
A Short History of the Village Hall
Hoylandswaine Village Hall is a historic stone building standing at the centre of the attractive Pennine village of Hoylandswaine, within easy reach of the M1, near to Barnsley and the market town of Penistone.
Hoylandswaine Village Hall was built in 1814, originally for use as a Sunday School for the education of the village, both young and old. It was taken over by the Methodist Church in 1893, but with a dwindling congregation and few children, in 1982 it was bought by the people of Hoylandswaine for use as a Village Hall.
In 2003 Lottery funding allowed the hall to be completely refurbished with a new heating system, re-wiring, new toilets and all doors widened to accommodate wheelchair access. The following year the hall was extended comprising of a new small meeting room and kitchen. The hall now provides high quality facilities for the local community, an excellent venue with up-to-date standards, a modern kitchen and facilities for the disabled.
The Hall is managed by a volunteer committee and is a registered charity.